What to Expect
Stepping in the Doors at Asbury Tulsa
The first thing you’ll notice once you walk in is our giant sign, Helping Others Follow Jesus. It is at the core of everything we do and we hope you’ll join us in that mission too! You’ll also notice a family atmosphere, a beautiful choir and orchestra, powerful modern worship, and an emphasis on scripture-based messages.
On Sunday Mornings, you’ll also experience:
- Casual Dress. Wear what makes you feel comfortable!
- Your own personal chauffeur. Our golf carts will pick you up and drive you to any entrance, rain or shine.
- Designated parking for families with young children. Although our Blue Awning Entrance is currently closed, park near the South entrance and enter there for easy check-in at AsburyKids. You'll be greeted by friendly volunteers and fill out basic information at our check-in kiosks, so we can properly care for your kids. Watch this video to learn more about AsburyKids’ check-in process and updated safety procedures: asburytulsa.app/safety-video
- ASL (American Sign Language) Interpreters. God gave us all special gifts – glorifying His name in sign language is one of them! Find us sitting on the front-left side of the Sanctuary during the 11 am service and sign along with us!
- Spanish Translation. Download the Interactio app or visit the CLC Help Desk for answers to your questions before the 11 am service.
- When you have to go, you have to go. Your nearest restrooms can be found on both the 1st and 2nd floor near the corners of the north/south entrances.
- Cry Rooms. We understand the need to step away from the hustle and bustle on Sunday mornings! Cry Rooms are near the restrooms on the corners of the north/south entrances. Our friendly volunteers with yellow lanyards would love to help you!
- The importance of prayer. Like any relationship, God loves when we spend time listening and speaking with Him. Our Prayer Room is next to the elevator at the South entrance.
- Communion during every service, every week. Coming to the Table is our response to the Word of God. We believe ALL are welcome at the Table, but don’t feel pressured to participate, as it is optional. Our communion servers will be wearing masks and using hand sanitizer before putting on gloves to serve. Fun fact: Our communion bread is made in the building by our very own Virginia Huddleston.
Connect into the life of the Church:
- You won’t want to miss our Newcomer Meal each month. Put away the dishes and join us for a free boxed meal, while you learn from Senior Pastor Tom Harrison about the ins and outs of Asbury! Register online at asburytulsa.org/newcomermeal
- Whether you’re newly engaged or retired with grandchildren, we have an Adult Discipleship Community (23 groups in fact) for everyone!
- Our AsburyKids Staff are passionate about partnering with you and your family (Early Childhood to 5th grade) in creating a safe, nurturing, and fun environment, all while learning their God-given value through Jesus. Masked smiles, small groups, and crafts are included too!
- You understand the importance of your middle and high school students being strong in their faith before ‘leaving the nest.’ Asbury Students Staff understands too! Through worship, bible studies, missions, food, and fun, we guide your students to have a true relationship with our Savior, authentically live out their faith and Help Others Follow Jesus. Watch this video to learn more about Asbury Students’ check-in process and updated safety procedures: asburytulsa.app/AS-safety-video
Your safety and health does, too:
- Please join us in loving our neighbors by wearing masks and using the free hand sanitizer stations found throughout the building.
- We are practicing safe social distancing by blocking off every other pew – you and your family will have your very own space!
- Clean spaces. Our Sanctuary and other spaces will be additionally sanitized.
- Though we are currently not serving donuts and have closed beverages stations, you are more than welcome to bring your own personal beverage in a covered container.