Coronavirus quarantine (or lockdown) got you down?
If you, or someone you care about, are dealing with emotions like sadness, frustration, depression, or anxiety and need someone to talk to, please check out some resources that may be of help:
- Asbury’s trained Stephen Ministers are available to listen and pray with you. Leave a confidential message at 918.392.1183.
- Asbury’s Professional Referral Line can help you find a local Christian counselor by leaving a confidential message at 918.392.1199.
- If you or a loved one are struggling with suicidal thoughts, self-injury, aggressive behavior or overwhelming anxiety or panic and need immediate help, adults and children can call COPES at 918.744.4800.
- For domestic violence issues, call DVIS at 918.743.5763.
- To find help in a crisis, the NAMI (National Association of Mental Illness) helpline can be reached Monday through Friday, 10 am–6 pm, ET. 1-800-950-NAMI (6264) or
. The local chapter offers support groups as well.
Since the earliest years of Asbury, providing care across and beyond our congregation has been a hallmark of our life an is in the DNA of our spiritual makeup.
Every week well over 100 different volunteers serve quietly all across our congregation visiting the sick in hospitals, listening to hurts and heartaches of those grieving, holding the hands of those whose health has deteriorated and walking alongside those going through time of grief.
The LifeCare Ministry represents the heart and soul of Asbury's spiritual DNA. Below is a list of all ministries it covers:
- Care Card Ministry
- Celebrate Recovery
- Congregational Care Ministry
- Bridging Links
- Counseling Referrals
- Funerals/Funeral Meals
- Healing Hats Ministry
- Marriage Ministry
- Mental Health Support for Families
- Quilting Ministry
- SMILE (Support for Single Moms)
- Stephen Ministry
- What Do I Do Now?
- Widows (Stand in the Gap)
The LifeCare Council will continue to provide opportunities for these ministries of care, places of serving, support for all of us during life's challenges and a voice for those in special times of need.
If you need more information, contact Ruth Winn at
or any of our pastors.