Steps to Connect: Step Two
Do you know of an acquaintance, friend or family member searching for a church home? Are you searching for a Christian community, a place to learn more about Scripture and strengthen your relationship with Jesus Christ?
If so, Asbury's Newcomer Meal – hosted by our Senior Pastor – is a way to receive a home cooked meal, learn about Asbury’s mission of Helping Others Follow Jesus and meet new people. Yet, it’s so much more.
Attending the Newcomer Meal is the easiest and most effective way to get connected into the life of the church at Asbury. Instead of spending weeks wandering around different Discipleship Communities, researching the Internet on Methodist history and wondering exactly how we live out our mission, Newcomer Meal covers all of that and more in under an hour and a half.
Here is a quick list:
- Asbury’s mission – Helping Others Follow Jesus
- Sacraments – Baptism and Communion
- Membership Vows – Prayers, Presence, Gifts, Service and Witness
- Serving Opportunities – Within the Church, Locally and Globally
- Discipleship Communities – We have 32!
- Leaders within the Church – Clergy and Laity
- Biblical Classes throughout the year
- Asbury Students, and more!
Can you imagine trying to figure out all of that on your own? We don’t want to even imagine that, which is why we’re here to help! Register for this month’s Newcomer Meal at: asburytulsa.org/newcomermeal or visit any of our Guest Services Desks.
Contact: Michelle Rafferty
Main Office Phone: 918.492.1771
Michelle’s Direct: 918.392.1122