Asbury United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Worship Leader for our new satellite congregation, Cornerstone. The Worship Leader will serve Cornerstone through spiritual guidance, leadership in worship music, preparation, production, creativity and development. This position will also be responsible for continually growing, developing, and expanding the music ministry in accordance with the vision of Cornerstone.
- Actively demonstrates Asbury’s Core Behaviors (genuine kindness, confident humility, and committed team player).
- Prepare, plan, and execute rehearsals and Sunday AM service(s).
- Collaborate with Lead Pastor and volunteers in creative worship planning meetings.
- Lead band rehearsal(s).
- Plan music/arrangements/specials/creative elements to coincide with sermon series, specific Sunday topics, and special events
- Recruit and develop team of musicians and vocalists.
- Produce and create musical arrangements for each service: including recordings/ tracks/ orchestrations/ sheet music/ chord charts/ etc.
- Provide musical direction during rehearsals and services.
- Work closely with the Cornerstone’s lead pastor to make sure all musical, technical, and creative needs for Sundays are met.
- Oversee all music, volunteers, rehearsals, execution, and development for worship service(s).
- Actively build community: Planning/executing leadership functions and training, conducting interviews with new members.
- Attend at least one of the weekly corporate prayer gatherings.
- Utilize Planning Center Online for worship planning.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Be available to coordinate music and lead special services: various church calendar specials, and holiday services as needed or required.
Requirements for the position:
- Must be in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrate a passion for congregational worship.
- 5 plus years of experience leading worship in a medium-large sized congregation.
- Ease with techniques of musical leadership and performance skills (conducting/playing/listening/teaching)
- Understanding of staff development and teaching experience
- Knowledge of a broad array of music, forms, liturgies, worship practices, history and present-day traditions of the church
- Alignment with high standards of excellence musically and spiritually, and in agreement with Christian doctrines of worship (versus “performance” focus only.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must be a self-starter and adept team player.
- Must be comfortable in a new church environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all circumstances.
- Must be able to work effectively with staff and volunteers.
- Must be coachable, eager to learn and grow and able to receive constructive feedback.
If interested, please send resume and video sample of you leading worship to .