Director of AsburyKids
Almost 8,000 people call Asbury their church home today with an average of 2,600 people in worship and more than 2,000 people in discipleship groups. The Director of Children’s Ministry (AsburyKids) provides educational and spiritual guidance that is aligned with Methodist traditions and Asbury’s mission of Helping Others Follow Jesus for children ranging from newborn to 5th grade. This position is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the ASburyKids programming including Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, and special events at Asbury United Methodist Church.
- Actively demonstrate Asbury’s Core Behaviors (genuine kindness, confident humility, and committed team player).
- Ensures AsburyKids is in alignment with the vision and mission of AUMC
- Oversees AsburyKids programming on Sunday mornings and throughout the week including Wednesday nights and special events such as Kids Night Out.
- Coordinates and works closely with other departments to create unity for programs and events such as Vacation Bible School (VBS).
- Partners with ministerial and lay leaders in developing a comprehensive vision for AsburyKids programming.
- Manages and stewards ASburyKids budget and resources.
- Recruits, trains, empowers, and encourages AsburyKids staff in the planning and implementing of curriculum and programming.
- Oversees recruitment, scheduling,training, and supervising volunteers and staff (if applicable).
- Oversees Planning Center Online and ACS Check Point usage for AsburyKids.
- Oversees preparation of all materials for all AsburyKids classrooms.
- Oversses guest follow-up, “we’ve missed you” communication and Milestone Event Recognition (new baby, baptism, Bible presentation, etc.).
- Updates and maintains staff policies and procedures for AsburyKids.
- Supervises AsburyKids Coordinator and Early Childhood and Elementary Associates.
- Actively builds relationships with children, volunteers, and parents.
- Prays with and for children, volunteers, and parents.
- Provides support to children and their families as they transition to our Student Ministry in the 6th grade
- Actively works with supervisor and staff to plan for and develop future ministry opportunities within AsburyKids.
- Maintains personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community.
- Possesses a dynamic and growing faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, evidenced through worship, biblical literacy and learning, purposeful/missional living and Christian community.
- Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Development or Christian Studies with an emphasis in Youth Ministries preferred.
- At least three to five years of directly-related experience supervising similar program preferred.
- CPR certification
- Relational team builder
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate staff.
- Proven ability to facilitate difficult conversations to resolve delicate personal issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal and soft skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work quickly.
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with little oversight.
- Must be adaptable to quickly-changing situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all circumstances.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while serving others.
- Must be able to work with all levels of leadership and staff effectively.
IMPORTANT - HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY APPLY
Much more detailed information is available to you after an initial consultation with The Shepherd’s Staff. During that consultation, you should be able to articulate your provable experience as outlined above. Take the first step by clicking on the “apply” button to confidentially make us aware of your interest. By confidential, we mean that we won’t share your information or interest with this or any other church prior to a full discussion with you and your permission to do so.
Please do not contact the church directly. Doing so will result in your information being forwarded to us. All applications for this position should come through the inquiry process here.
If you have any technical difficulties with the inquiry process, please contact .
If interested, please click the button below:
Social Media Content Strategist
Is your passion to create inspirational, experiential and motivational stories for social media?
Asbury is looking for a full-time Social Media Content Strategist to create concepts and come up with original story ideas for videos and content for all our social media platforms. We are looking for someone with confident humility, genuine kindness and who is a committed team player. We want an individual who has lots of ideas and creativity that could add value to our church communications team as well as create conversations and engagement throughout our social media platforms to show Asbury’s involvement in the community, the world around us, worship experiences and congregation.
Responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Execute innovative and highly creative social media campaigns for a variety of ministries across different age groups: children’s, students and adults.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest social media trends, tips, and techniques and how the market is either evolving or changing.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and executing projects from the beginning to the end.
- Keep up with the day-to-day management of social media content.
- Come up with inspirational storylines; create concepts that resonate and look impactful on Instagram.
- Explore new ways to engage and reach our target audiences.
- Develop and implement a robust (paid and non-paid) content strategy and editorial calendar to help connect Asbury to church seekers and its members.
- Maintain social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for Asbury, leveraging new platform capabilities when applicable.
- Provide regular analytics reporting of social channel growth, engagement, and effectiveness of our paid social campaigns.
- Utilize youtube to increase the online worship experience.
Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 2 to 3 preferred years of experience using major social media outlets for personal and professional purposes
- Passionate for digital storytelling and able to take high-level concepts and break them down into executable content that can be digested by a diverse audience
- Must be able to work on Sunday mornings
- Must be a highly motivated and resourceful self-starter as well as able to multi-task
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and detailed oriented skills including data entry
- Have strong visionary abilities to evaluate all communications content and creatively turn them into social media use
- Have strong experience with planning, writing and editing content; ensuring it is clear, compelling and properly distributed across web, mobile and social platforms; and adheres to a consistent brand philosophy
- Proficient in Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager
- In-depth knowledge of social media management and data tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Facebook Insights)
- Well versed in creating impactful short videos that greatly increase the engagement of our user base
- Well versed in the latest apps and trends that are vital to the future of social media
- Proficient in Microsoft suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Microsoft Outlook
- Must have a willing heart and a desire to serve others in the name of Jesus
- Be adaptable to quickly changing situations
- Must have proven ability to inspire and motivate volunteers
- Able to work both independently as well as within a team
- Must be able to work with all levels of leadership
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all circumstances
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a wonderful working environment. If interested in applying, please send your resume to
AsburyKids Elementary Staff
Asbury United Methodist Church is seeking two part-time Elementary Staff members for our AsburyKids (Children’s Ministry) department. This position partners with families who have children ranging from Kindergarten to 5th grade. AsburyKids Elementary staff members help families and kids (K-5th Grade) follow Jesus by providing safe, creative, nurturing and age-appropriate classroom care and spiritual formation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively demonstrates Asbury’s Core Behaviors (genuine kindness, confident humility, and committed team player).
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer and Christian community
- Follow the vision, instruction, lesson plans, and schedule put forth by your Elementary Associate.
- Lead a small group of children, possibly with the aid of Asbury volunteers, by facilitating trust and relationships, guiding conversations, following lesson plans, and facilitating the prepared crafts or activities.
- Be willing to “float” to different classrooms or small groups without adequate staff or volunteers, at the discretion of your Elementary Associate.
- Providing safe, age-appropriate care which may include: assisting with bathroom needs, maintaining a safe environment, managing behavior, calming crying/upset children, sitting/playing/interacting with children through games, play, Bible stories, guided small group conversation, prayer, crafts, and worship.
- Review and be thoroughly familiar with the month’s curriculum, themes, and goals, as well as the day’s small group lesson plan.
- Participate fully in the Elementary worship service (Big Group) singing and using song motions and managing children’s behavior throughout.
- Engage with children in a positive, nurturing, sensitive, and Godly manner.
- Build positive relationships with volunteers, ranging in age from young teen to senior adult, by learning their names and empowering them to lead and serve alongside you.
- Build relationships with children by learning their names, likes and dislikes, and personality as quickly as possible.
- Build relationships with parents by warmly greeting them, learning their names, and exuding positivity and confidence as they transfer their child into the classroom.
- Keep classrooms clean and organized all throughout the morning, and complete proper sanitization procedures when applicable.
- Be prepared and ready to care for children in emergency situations (fire, tornado, injury, chocking, etc.)
- Deal with child disciplinary issues, sickness, separation anxiety, etc. in your classroom, and report all incidences to your Elementary Associate.
- Assist with all check-in/out procedures as directed by your Elementary Associate.
- Other than an Elementary Associate or AK Coordinator, keep all concerns/issues with a child or family in strict confidence and away from other AK staff, volunteers, or families.
- Maintain a high standard of punctuality regarding attendance and tardiness.
- Work every Sunday morning throughout the year including Easter and Mother’s Day, as well as the once-monthly Friday night KNO events (6 vacation days per year are included).
- Contribute to a positive, healthy work environment by refraining completely from gossip, negativity, or reporting concerns to anyone other than an Elementary Associate or AK Coordinator.
Requirements for the position:
- Certification in basic first aid, including child/infant CPR, CPR certification or must be willing to become certified
- Child care experience
- A heart and passion for children
- Satisfactory completion of a background check
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Above average soft, written, and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with little oversight
- Must be adaptable to quickly changing situations
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all circumstances
- Ability to manage and maintain a classroom of young children
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while serving others
Time commitment for the position:
- Sunday: 8:15-12:30pm
- Kids Night Out (KNO): one Friday per month: 5-8:15pm
If interested in applying, please send your resume to .