God has accomplished many great things through Asbury. Much of that is due to the faithfulness of people like you - people who believed in His vision for Asbury. We had a tremendously successful Better Together campaign raising more than $13,400,000 in pledges and receiving $10 million to date.
The new Asbury Students Center and North Portico are complete. They are completely paid for, too. We are entering the third phase which will allow us to renovate the current Venue building into The Development Center for the greater Tulsa area. The center will house six agencies that assist the community with services like foster care support, food and rent assistance, medical support and educational and cognitive developmental opportunities for a wide range of individuals.
We are at an exciting time in our history and we hope you will continue your investment in God's work through your support to the Better Together campaign.
Asbury Students Center - OPENED February 28, 2021
- Opened on February 28, 2021
- Includes 18,000 square feet of new space, as well as about 10,000 square feet of remodeled gym space
The Development Center
The Development Center will house six agencies that assist the community with services like foster care support, food and rent assistance, medical support and educational and cognitive developmental opportunities for a wide range of individuals.
- As of the end of July, we have cleared more than $10.5 million in revenue for the Better Together campaign!
- This allowed us to complete the Asbury Students Center and North Portico projects completely debt free.
- This will leave us less than $1.5 million away from paying cash for the entire Development Center project.
- The construction manager began demolition on August 23, 2021, and we expect to have our partners move in July 1, 2022.
- The fourth and final piece of Better Together is our Capital Endowment.
- The Capital Endowment gives us a steady stream of income in perpetuity to put toward things like new paint and carpet, roof repairs, HVAC repairs, and many other necessary updates.
- The original goal was to put $3 million into our long-term Capital Endowment.
- If we put $3 million in the Capital Endowment this would give us about $150,000 every year for the rest of the time to put toward long-term capital needs.
- Using conservative estimates, upon completing The Development Center at its updated cost we anticipate having between $2-2.5 million to put into the Capital Endowment as opposed to the originally estimated $3 million.
Recent Updates on the Development Center:
New North Portico - OPENED February 28, 2021
- Opened February 28, 2021
- Added benefit - cars will be able to pull up a few feet closer to the door just like they can under the South Portico.
- Accommodations for golf carts to get passengers delivered to the doors.