Asbury's 2nd Saturday Volunteer Event is an easy, monthly way to Help Others Follow Jesus in the Tulsa community. Simply arrive at 8 am with a missional heart and bring your family, friends, co-workers or church group! With serving opportunities for any life stage or skill level, we'll provide the transportation and get you home by lunchtime.
Beginning in February 2009, 2nd Saturday started with the sole mission to serve the Tulsa community. Since then, we have:
- Served at 90+ sites
- Hosted 3,800+ different participants
- Volunteered 11,000+ times, equaling 44,000 volunteer hours
- Contributed $968,000+ of free labor (one hour = $22.00 worth of labor)
- 8:15 am – Registration begins! Fill out your liability form, get a name tag, grab a donut and choose between 5-12 serving sites.
- Short devotional and announcements
- 8:35 am – Buses scatter to serving sites
- 12 pm – Return to the Venue
What to Bring:
- Come dressed to get dirty – closed-toed toes and loose clothing.
- A heart ready to humbly serve.
- The ability to be flexible! This is a local mission work. We serve our sites doing whatever they need, whether it's painting, gardening, writing cards, sorting clothing, packing food, visiting the elderly, moving furniture, cleaning, organizing, encourage, praying, reading Scripture or sharing the Good News.
Are you new to serving at 2nd Saturday? Welcome! Pre-registration is not required; however, if you want to speed up your check-in process, fill out the confidential volunteer liability form prior to serving and bring it with you to the event. After completing the form once, you'll simply have to check-in at the computers once you return to serve!
To request an invitation to join our texting list, enter your phone number, select your carrier, and then click "Send Invite"
Any questions? Please contact Kim Renkema at 918.392.1159.