Asbury believes that Scripture is the ultimate authority in our lives and in the practice of our faith. Scripture teaches us that “In the Beginning,” God created humans (us!) in His image, but sin distorted that image. However, He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for our sins and set us free – He is the KEY to life. Baptism helps us as disciples to begin the work of renewing ourselves into the image of Christ during our earthly journey, until we are reunited with Him in Heaven.
1. Are there any requirements to be baptized at Asbury? Yes, you must attend a one-time baptism class before you can be baptized. The class is approximately 30 minutes long and led by one of Asbury's pastors.
2. If you are interested in scheduling a baptism, please fill out the form. This will begin the process.
3. Do I have to be a member of Asbury? No, you do not need to be a member.
4. Is there a certain age limit for an immersion baptism? Yes, the age requirement is six years and older because we want them to understand the baptism vows.
5. Is there a certain age limit for a sprinkle baptism? No, any age can have a sprinkle baptism. The parents will be taking the vows on behalf of a child aged five years and younger. The parents will be agreeing to raise that child in the faith.
6. When and where are the immersion baptisms held? The immersion baptisms are held on specific Sunday mornings at the 9 or 11 am worship services (please see 2023 immersion dates on the form). They will be held in the baptistry which is located above the choir loft. Your baptism will be featured during the worship service and on the livestream. A photographer will also be present at the baptism.
7. When and where are the sprinkle baptisms held? The sprinkle baptisms are held on specific Sunday mornings at 10:15 am in the Chapel (please see 2023 sprinkle dates on the form).
8. Can I be re-baptized? If you were baptized in another Christian church, you will not be “re-baptized” at Asbury. We believe God was active in your life far before coming to Asbury and that the sacrament can only be received once. However, we do host a special service once a year where you can “remember your Baptism and be thankful.”
9. Do I need to wear special clothes, or do you provide a robe for the immersion baptism? Robes are provided as well as towels. PLEASE bring a COMPLETE change of clothes to wear under the baptismal robe such as white or light-colored t-shirt and white pants or shorts. Please do not wear a bathing suit. The white robes are transparent when wet so please take that into consideration when choosing what to wear underneath the robe. Remember you will be on camera. The baptistry has two changing rooms which include towels, hair dryers and plastic bags for wet clothes.
10. Who do I contact for more information about baptism? All Baptisms are scheduled through our Membership office! Please email Michelle at
if you have any questions.