Prayer for God's Healing Power
by Acts 29 Booklet
Read: Acts 3:1-10
"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (James 5:15-16)
"He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed." (I Peter 2:24)
Pray a Personal Opening Prayer, then pray the following:
Father, I acknowledge that You are the Great Healer and that all healing, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual is by Your divine choice. I pray that all healing which takes place in the Asbury family will glorify You.
- I praise You for Your faithfulness in being a refuge for the poor, the needy, and those in distress, a shelter from the storm, a shade from the heat. (Isaiah 25:4)
- I pray for physical and spiritual healing and restoration at Asbury. I affirm that as we cast our burdens on You, You will sustain us and never allow us to fall (Psalm 55:22).
- Help us remember what Jesus told Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I pray that those in the Asbury family who are suffering will be like Paul and rejoice in their suffering because when they are weak, they are strong in Jesus.
- I lift up all people who are out of fellowship with the Body of Christ. Please heal their spiritual blindness and give them a repentant spirit. (If specific individuals come to mind, pray for them by name.)
- Father, help me witness to those who have fallen away. I ask for boldness and wisdom in speaking Your Word and proclaiming the Good News of the Gospel to those who do not know Jesus.
- I pray that my spirit-filled life will be a living testimony to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Help us confess our sins to each other and pray for each other so we may be healed.
- Father, please raise up more people at Asbury who are 21st century Good Samaritans - those with the spiritual gift of mercy. Let them have compassion for those who have fallen into difficult situations, lifting them up and caring for them.
- Father, I pray you will be glorified in Your church by the following care ministries and that the people serving in these ministries will rely on the Holy Spirit to teach them what to say and do in every situation. I pray that people at Asbury and in the community will see Jesus in them as they minister.
Care Meal Ministry
Care & Professional Referrals
Phone Line Volunteers
Hospital Visitation Ministry
- I pray for patience for all Asbury members who are suffering. Help them stand firm in the face of adversity, knowing that You are full of compassion and mercy.
- Please teach us to be merciful to those in need, and follow Jesus' example of feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, looking after the sick, and visiting those in prison.
- I pray that the Holy Spirit will empower us to show compassion to the elderly and the disadvantaged.
- I praise You that the hope found in Your Holy Word transcends all human afflictions with an overwhelming glory.
- Father, help me remember the admonition in Matthew 25:40 "Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." I pray that my light will so shine before men that they would see my good deeds and give You the praise (Matt. 4:18).
- I claim the promise in Psalm 147:3 and ask You to heal the brokenhearted at Asbury and bind up their wounds.
- I pray that those of us at Asbury who are strong will uphold the weak, loving them and sharing their burdens, that our witness and ministry will be a blessing in their lives (Romans 15:1).
"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." (1 Peter 5:10
Thank you, Father, for being our Divine Healer. Give me the faith not to question why some people are healed and others are not, but to trust You completely, knowing that all things work together for good for those who love You and are called according to Your purposes. Give me the wisdom to see how I can help those who are hurting. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.