Prayer for The Gift of Salvation
Mar 11, 2021 | by Acts 29 Booklet
Read I Timothy 2:1-6
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." (John 3:16-17)
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." (Ephesians 2:8)
"If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)
Pray a Personal Opening Prayer, then pray the following:
Dear Father in Heaven, Your Holy Word says that You don't want anyone to perish but for everyone to come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9) and into a relationship with You. I want to be a willing instrument that will help that happen for others. Guide me in helping the unsaved make a sincere commitment and accept Jesus as Savior and Lord of their lives.
- I praise and thank You for Your gift of salvation. Thank You, Jesus for dying on the cross for my sins.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23)
- I lift up the pastors and teachers who preach and teach the message of salvation in Your church. May each one be controlled by the Holy Spirit and Your Holy Word, which is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword (Heb. 4:12). May Your Word come forth boldly and accurately.
- I pray that those who hear the message of salvation in Your church will be given a spirit of understanding and will be convicted, repentant and renewed; that their spiritual eyes and ears will be opened and they will turn from darkness to the light of Christ.
"Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off - for all whom the Lord our God will call." (Acts 2:38-39) 13
- Father, I pray that You will raise up “Philips” in Your church to obey the Great Commission and evangelize both locally and around the world. (Acts 8:4-5)
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20)
- I pray that the Holy Spirit will touch the hearts of all people in the Asbury family who have the spiritual gift of evangelism and give them a desire to develop and use their gift.
- Please help me remember that all Christians are called to witness to their faith, whether or not they have the gift of evangelism. Help me remember that the best witnessing is done through the power of the Holy Spirit, not human power, and because of that, I can be a bold witness for You. Help me relinquish control of my life to You.
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth. (Acts 1:8)
- Father, give the people at Asbury the desire and determination to "stand up for Jesus" in all situations and be bold witnesses for You, telling others what they have experienced through Jesus. Help us make Him not only our Savior, but also the Lord of our lives. · Help me bring the good news of salvation to those who don't know Jesus, that I may be a light for Him in a sin-darkened world. (Matt. 5:14-15) Please remove any fear or doubt I may have about my ability to witness.
- May the words we say and the way we live our lives encourage others to respond to the Good News of Jesus. Holy Spirit, produce Your fruit through me as a witness to others.
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Father, please raise up in Your church, people with the spiritual gift of exhortation, who like Barnabas, will encourage and strengthen new converts and help them grow in their faith. 14
- Thank You for providing the financial resources to support Asbury's missionaries in the field. Keep them surrounded with your hedge of protection and bless their ministry. I pray that many people will be led to Jesus as a result.
- I pray for Your abundant blessing on all Christian churches in the Tulsa area.
Father, thank You for loving me so much that when Jesus shed His blood on the cross, You freed me from my sins. I reaffirm my faith in You and give You praise for the gift of salvation. Thank You that I don't have to earn it. I accept Jesus' sacrifice for me and receive your forgiveness and cleansing. I rejoice in knowing that I am Your child, Father. Help me obey Your Word and each day to acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus in my life. Amen.